Saturday, February 03, 2007

365/020307: I'm Not Going Out There

It's sunny, so I have no business complaining. But it's also -7 with the windchill. I have food and movies and papers to grade and lessons to plan and books to read. I will miss the friends with whom I usually spend Saturday morning, but it's -7.

I took this photo at The Little Lakes a few days ago. Today I could take one that would make me happier, because there is sun. The light in the sky early this morning looked almost like December light in Paris. That light is not reproducible at this latitude or in this hemisphere, but almost. Still (did I mention this?), it's -7.


3 comments:

alphawoman said...

It makes me shiver.

Lisa :-] said...

You guys have had OUR winter this year (up until now) and we have had yours. Your weather has finally found you, and I dont want to hear you complaining... ;)

Anonymous said...

A side benefit of the really cold days is that they are generally accompanied by sun. I can handle almost any temperature if it's sunny.