Monday, August 21, 2006

Summer's End ~ Pass It On


One of our sons spent the summer in Spain, and then a week visiting a friend in Greece.

Our daughter spent the summer as a counselor at a camp in North Carolina where probably half the staff is international, and tonight we are hosting a delightful young couple from Sydney, Australia as they journey north and then east and then south, soaking up as much of America as they can in the time they have left before their visas run out.

The photos were taken last week-end at Graveyard Fields, one of my favorite hiking spots in the mountains of western North Carolina.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe there are already red leaves!

Paul said...

You and your family have had quite the summer, Robin.

Hey, the text is centered. Does tha make it poetry?

Lisa :-] said...

I was just thinking today, as I strolled around a craft store that was full of Autumn and Halloween decorations, front and center, that I can't believe this summer has gone. It has been at once the shortest and longest summer of my recent life...

Anonymous said...

No - say it isn't so. I definitely need to move to a warmer climate.