Saturday, April 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Blog!


Unbelieveably, I've been writing online for a little more than two years!

April 8, 2004:

I wish someone would write a comment. Anything! Hey -- I know you're out there.

April 8, 2005:

I wonder if my journal has run its course? I did walk 3 miles today. Those shadows in the photograph happened only because there was SUN.

It seems that two years ago I was mostly focused on walking, birds, and my daughter's preparations for her junior prom.

One year ago? Walking, birds, and my daughter's college decision.

Today: Walking, birds, and where my daughter is going to college NEXT year.

I'm not sensing major progress here.

In fact, I have huge things going on in the spiritual realm, but I am finding them hard to write about. Impossible, actually, except in the hard-cover handwritten journals that I am filling to overflowing. I guess I can leave a little trail, though:

In the past few weeks, I've heard both Kathleen Norris and Anne Lamott speak. In the car, I'm listening to the King's College Cambridge Choir, Celtic Woman, and Neil Young. I'm reading N.T. Wright -- how surprising is that? I'm wondering, in an intense kind of way: What if Jesus had never been here? How does it change things that he was?

And there are daffodils blooming out there in the cold sunshine.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful that you are still writing this blog two years later. It is a bright spot for me even when it's dark!

Kathryn

Anonymous said...

I love your blog ~ don't always have a chance to comment as I usually read in the wee hours of the night when I'm not sure I make enough sense to comment. sometimes I miss it for awhile then catch up on five or six entries at a time. love the pics too.

Waterfall said...

Happy Blog-birthday! I only discovered your blog recently, but I've enjoyed reading it. Here's to yet another year of blogging!

Vicky said...

I love daffodils! Glad you have persevered with the blog, my dear - and good luck with the college thing!

Vicky

Judith HeartSong said...

you do have amazing things going on. It is often hard for us to see it ourselves. judi

ps keep writing!

V said...

Woo Hoo!
Congrats!
V

Cynthia said...

Happy anniversary! I've found that the biggest changes, the most exciting ones are the hardest to write about in a blog. Though I don't often comment, I wouldn't miss a single entry, and I'm looking forward to what your next year of blogging will hold.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching the two year mark. I've been reading and enjoying your journal/blog both here and on AOL. I'm looking forward to the years to come. Keep writing!

Theresa Williams said...

Happy jour-iversary! I love the image of the daffodils in the cold sunshine.

Paul said...

I started six days before you did, so we are Irish blog twins.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! As you know, you led me into the wonderland of blogs. Like Alice, it's been an amazing journey for me and I have you to thank. I'm sure your tongue is firmly in your cheek when you say your journal hasn't progressed. I still have hard copies of a few I'm still pondering and all of them always give me pause. Thank you. *debbi*
I lost my connection when I clicked publish for my first comment, so sorry if this is a repeat.

Lisa :-] said...

Happy Birthday, Ms Gannet/Ocean/Milife/Sea. I'll follow you wherever you go...