Tuesday, July 29, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday...


I spent an inordinate amount of time this afternoon, before going off to a good-bye party for someone else, trying to upload a picture of me on my seventh birthday, exactly twelve years ago tonight.

Having failed at that, I offer some every decade reflections:

I don't remember my 5th birthday.

I spent my 15th birthday having dinner with my beloved grandmother in a rooftop garden restaurant in Florence. She bought me a pair of antique gold earrings in Grenada which I still wear all the time.

On my 25th birthday, I was an intern in a law firm. A couple of the guys took me out after work. I'm afraid that I drank a little too much.

I suppose that I can be forgiven for remembering nothing of my 35th birthday ~ hardly surprising, since I had three children three and under.

I don't remember 45 either -- but I know that I was practicing family law and my children were 10, 13, and 13. That age span probably means that they were all off at camp in North Carolina.

And now . . . well, from here, 55 looks pretty damn good.

Let's see if I can find a photo somewhere of Florence. Hey ~ Brunelleschi Hotel sounds good to me! Gonna have a good time ...!

15 comments:

Diane said...

happy birthday!

Presbyterian Gal said...

Happy Birthday To You!

Carol said...

Happy birthday, GG. I hope the day was special in some way and that your CPE day was an easy one.

Lisa :-] said...

I guess it really is true that everyone who is anyone was born in July ;)

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes!

:-]

Stratoz said...

hope you had a good one... you share the day with Mosaic Woman, who grew up sharing the day with her dad. I hope to remember my 45th, but I will have to wait till Friday and reflect back on Thursday.

Crimson Rambler said...

Many happy returns!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!! I dream of seeing Florence some day...

Jan said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear GG, Happy Birthday to you!!!

mompriest said...

happy birthday! enjoy!

LawAndGospel said...

Happy Birthday indeed!

Althea N. Agape said...

I was too busy typing up a verbatim (and sermon) the last few days to read blogs, so

Happy Birthday and 1/128th!


PS: they've been advertising the Wicked tour on the radio!

more cows than people said...

happy belated b-day, gg!!! hope it was grand!

RevDrKate said...

I'm late,I'm late for a very important date! I hope it was a very happy day for you. Happy belated birthday,GG.

Gannet Girl said...

Thank you all!

Mark Smith said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

(I was out of town last week)