Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oh, Why Not a Friday Five on Sunday?


Here's what Sally over at RevGals had for us:

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturisers ( yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?

I did not know there was such a thing as a gradual tanning moisturizer. Always contemporary and trendy, that's me. And actually, given my risk for skin cancer, I cover up as much as possible.

2.Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favourite getaway?

Why do these people always ask us to make impossible choices? I choose beach and mountains and pool. And as you can see above, I am perfectly willing to share my beach with cows, provided that the beach is on Iona.

3.Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?

I've always loved long, lazy summer days. When the kids were little, a group of us used to take them all to a nearby lake for long days that ended when the park finally closed at 9:00 pm. Some of my favorite memories include those evenings as the shadows lengthened and we convinced little ones to come out of the water and got them changed from swimsuits to jammies for the hour drive home.

This summer, with CPE starting at the beginning of June and running till mid-August, and the Lovely Daughter transitioning between her summer job in North Carolina and her senior year of college in Oregon at that point, and a busy week-end retreat for my spiritual direction program followed by a niece's Labor Day wedding, the best I can do for a break is my four or five day retreat in Michigan at the very end, right before I go back to school

4.Active holidays; hiking swimming, sailing, or lazy days?

ANOTHER one? I choose all four, plus all the other travelling things I like to do.

5.Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?

I'm not sure what "play it safe" entails here. We go to cafes and we eat. Although I have to admit that, when the kids were middle school age, we found a fabulous pizza and pasta place in Paris and ate there four or five nights in a row. The Lovely Daughter was having a difficult time with the local cuisine concept. I believe that this past semester in Praha she's had to learn to adapt.

No bonus this week unless you can think one up!!!

OK: If you could fly to any city in your own country for a long week-end this summer, where would you go?

ANOTHER choice? Since I made it up, I guess I have to choose. I haven't been to the Southwest in way too long, so I chose Albuquerque.

2 comments:

Stratoz said...

I wonder if Democrats didn't have to choose if there would be less...

and it all depends upon the beach... crowded New Jersey or isolated Oregon where there would also be rooms for cows.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Those are impossible choices except for the cuisine. It has to be local - food is important in my life and an intriguing part of any experience.