Saturday, September 16, 2006

Quick Notation


Been at the reunion for the Catholic boarding school where I spent 7th, 8th and 9th grades ~ Talked late into last evening with women I knew when we were all thirteen, MANY years ago ~ My priest and nun friends are among my biggest supporters in my journey toward ministry in the Presbyterian church ~ Haven't been to Mass in maybe 20 years but there I was today, a girl who once spent hours plotting teenage raids into pre-Vatican II cloisters, doing the Old Testament reading ~ Those Ursuline nuns are the COOLEST women.

8 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Much as I seem to have a lot of problems with the whole idea of god and religion, I have always had a fascination for the monastic life. I think that those who have a call in that direction are very special folk.

Theresa Williams said...

What a GORGEOUS photograph, Robin! Really fits in with my present state of mind, too. Sometime, would you reveal what kind of camera you use? I just have a little digital snapshot thing; it doesn't take great pictures, but it came free with my laptop I bought a couple of years ago. Someday, I'd like to upgrade it.

Jody Harrington said...

Oh, my. What an outstanding photo, Robin. It's just inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture - it was beautifully foggy here too. I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion.

Theresa Coleman said...

Welcome to the RevGals ring -- we did an offical posting today, check it out.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the RGBP web ring - I must say your photos are lovely!

You can't help to have read Kathleen Norris's books with your journey as it is!

April said...

Welcome to the RevGals. I LOVE your photos and reflections. GORGEOUS!!

Paul said...

You publish more entries in hiatis than I do going full bore. But, they are all good.