Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Celtic Spirituality - Part I

The great loves of the Celts: words and music and nature. One of the pleasures of blogging has been the restoration of all three to me in the form of friendships that extend across whatever the internet is, exactly; friendships that develop among people who love the same words, or harken to the same music, or see the same mystery in the eye of a bird or the curve of a shell.

I published an entry about an afternoon on the Lake Erie shoreline and Judith Heartsong asked for some North Shore skipping stones to remind her of joyful days past. She refused my offer of postage and agreed to make a contribution to a college my family cares about in memory of my recently departed stepmother as a way of paying me back. But that Judi! -- an artist's generosity wells up from her heart and she sent me something as well.

Hmmm......I wondered. AOL in disarray and my technological competence in need of a boost. So it took me awhile to get myself in gear. But not so long to find a poem about the nautilus and all those other things that mothers and artists and lovers ponder. So in the next entry. . . a joyful Christmas season to you, Judi and Virgina.

2 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

oh my friend you made me cry happy tears. I am so sorry it took me so long to get here..... a lot of stuff happened at the gallery and then I came out to find a flat tire... luckily Virginia and AAA saved me, and after dinner and dishes I could not wait to come and see what you were up to.
I got a very touching card from your Dad, and this gift you have given me tonight is precious and I will not forget it.
I am so glad and lucky to know you... these friendships we have formed are precious and rare.
Merry Christmas to you and yours....
judi

Virginia said...

Judi is wonderful and generous that way, isn't she!

The blogging world is brighter because you write!

Peace, Virginia