Saturday, January 02, 2010

Good People Everywhere

The Quiet Husband is home and slept quietly (!) all night.

It is not so terrible to be not the sick one but the one going in and out of the hospital when it's surrounded by palm trees and the nurses' scrubs feature patterns of sunglasses and porpoises. The care was excellent, and laid-back in a good way.

We missed a spectacular New Year's Day in the Keys; every time I drove up and down the highway I could see dozens of kayaks and fishing boats out in the blue-green-purple water under the bright sunshine. This morning it's still beautiful, but quite chilly, and no one else is up yet, so I don't know whether we're going to start the drive home or not. I'm about to head out for my walk.

The really good thing: being surrounded by friends. Friends sending good wishes and prayers via blog and FB and email, friends at home dealing with our snow-covered house, and a friend in Philly praying in front of my favorite painting.

Thanks, everyone.

10 comments:

Karen said...

oh so glad to hear your husband had a quiet night, that the hospital was a good place, that you found a place to stay, that people were praying for you, and that God provides. Continuing to pray for the journey home.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the update - you and your husband have been very present in my thoughts and prayers, I am grateful he is out of the hospital and that you felt wrapped in God's love and the love/prayers of many. Travel safe.

Gberger said...

I'm thankful to read this news. May the new year NOW begin to be fun for all of you! God bless you.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Just catching up...hope all continue to heal.

Stratoz said...

one day, you may stand next to me in front of that painting... now how cool will that be

Jan said...

Peace, prayers and love.

Cathy said...

I am praying. (And also, thank you for the education. I've seen that painting but did not know that it lived near me, or that the painter was the great uncle of a friend of mine.)

Daisy said...

So good to hear that hubby is okay and home. I wish you well for the rest of your holiday.

Terri said...

So glad to hear this. I will continue my prayers.

Lori said...

Very glad he is home and that you had a good experience.

*whew*