Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Five, i.e. Procrastination

Today's Friday Five from the RevGalBlogPals:

1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.

I quit smoking twice. Both times, I just stopped, and the second was at least 25 years ago.

2. "If only there were a 12-step program for book purchasing addicts!"

3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us.

Walking. I walk at least three miles most days and I am restless and unhappy when I can't fit it in.

4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.

My husband and I have been married a very very very long time, and we have never had any set concept about who does what. The person who cares about it ~ whether it's window washing or getting the taxes to the accountant or making a meal or cleaning up the kitchen ~ does it. As a consequence, the Husband of many many many years usually does the vacuuming, and I usually put the vacuum-and-tangled-up-cord-lying-in-wait-at-the-foot-of-the-stairs away, after glaring at it for a few days. Right now I am fuming over the tangled-garden-hose-lying-in-wait-at-the-foot-of-the-back-porch-stairs, since I was not the one who cleaned up and mowed the back yard last week-end.

5. "I'd love to get into the habit of eating something healthy in lieu of chocolate."

Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?

That might just be too overwhelming for early morning contemplation.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Chocolate. Yes. everyday. Good play, thanks for sharing your habits...

Melissa said...

Haha -- great play on #4. I envision something like that looming in my near future...

Di said...

I'm with you on the book purchasing. Amazon is going to be the death of me.

Diane M. Roth said...

Book purchasers anonymous!!! We can help each other (that is, if we really want help...)

Also, #4 is really true and honest.

Iris said...

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's huge!

Sally said...

ah yes the book obsession- me too- though I'm not sure I want to recover from that one...

Lori said...

There are ways to deal with this book business. What about a RGBP used book exchange web bulletin board? Not to undermine the profits from Amazon or anything. It would be in addition to......

And chocolate. Chocolate has anti-oxidants! It's been re-named a health food!