Today's Friday Five from the RevGalBlogPals:
1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.
I quit smoking twice. Both times, I just stopped, and the second was at least 25 years ago.
2. "If only there were a 12-step program for book purchasing addicts!"
3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us.
Walking. I walk at least three miles most days and I am restless and unhappy when I can't fit it in.
4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.
My husband and I have been married a very very very long time, and we have never had any set concept about who does what. The person who cares about it ~ whether it's window washing or getting the taxes to the accountant or making a meal or cleaning up the kitchen ~ does it. As a consequence, the Husband of many many many years usually does the vacuuming, and I usually put the vacuum-and-tangled-up-cord-lying-in-wait-at-the-foot-of-the-stairs away, after glaring at it for a few days. Right now I am fuming over the tangled-garden-hose-lying-in-wait-at-the-foot-of-the-back-porch-stairs, since I was not the one who cleaned up and mowed the back yard last week-end.
5. "I'd love to get into the habit of eating something healthy in lieu of chocolate."
Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?
That might just be too overwhelming for early morning contemplation.