Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Prayer

I began a long and rambling entry early this morning about my inadequacies as a mother. And then I ran into a friend at church and we laughed and commiserated over our mutual and apparently profound deficiencies in that particular arena of our lives. And then I went into a class where I was verbally reminded of God as Mother. And then I went for my first walk as my restored and mostly healthy self and was visually reminded of God as Mother. And then words like "inadequate" and "deficient" no longer seemed appropriate at all.

It's called a Red Buckeye Tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hence the red school colors for the state university with that as their mascot! I learned something today! Of course, what exactly is a buckeye in terms of the mascot? A nut? A tree?