Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life After Greek

We have exams in two weeks. Somehow by then I will know all about participles and infinitives, Jeremiah and Isaiah, the quest for the historical Jesus, Calvin and Luther, and many other things with which I have little acquaintance at the moment (having already forgotten most of what I've learned this quarter).

And THEN -- I am SO excited!!! -- we are going to see Wicked. I just bought the tickets -- four weeks of shows are almost completely sold out. I had completely forgotten about Wicked, too.

It's supposed to be a tour-de-force contemplation of good and evil. Anyone care to offer a review?

And THEN -- we are going to our beloved St. Augustine for the first time in four years.

I feel completely reinvigorated for my assault on the Greek language.

7 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Wicked sounds cool...but I am thrilled for you that you're going to St. Augustine. I know how much you love it! :-]

Jody Harrington said...

I tagged you for a book meme at my place--good excuse for procrastination and a break from the Greek!

Kris said...

At first I could not see how a book about "the wicked witch" could be any good, and it was great. Then, it would not compute as to how in the world they could turn that book into a musical of ALL things, and it was AMAZING! I would be real surprised if you don't enjoy it. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

It's great that you have such wonderful plans to look forward to after exams! You will LOVE wicked...I promise!

Anonymous said...

Wicked is an absolutely enthralling and enjoyable way to spend a few hours. I'm certain you'll love it. If you download the music in advance (or actually buy the real CD)you'll be familiar with the music but appreciate it even more after the show.
And to follow that with a trip to St. Augustine is fabulous. You've earned these little rewards and respites for yourself, GG.

Anonymous said...

I read Wicked years ago and enjoyed most of it. The play is coming here too but I spaced getting the tickets and they're gone.

I'm so happy that you have an upcoming trip to St. Augustine. It's a touchstone and important to visit more frequently. I think you also added Iona to that touchstone list but this one is longer term.

Jodie said...

Wicked...

There are always as many stories to tell as there are points of view.

Things are never what they seem...