Thursday, December 14, 2006

Advent 12: We Are Still Waiting


"I closed my eyes, drew back the curtain
To see for certain what I thought I knew
Far far away, someone was weeping
But the world was sleeping
Any dream will do

I wore my coat, with golden lining
Bright colors shining, wonderful and new
And in the east, the dawn was breaking
And the world was waking
Any dream will do

A crash of drums, a flash of light
My golden coat flew out of sight
The colors faded into darkness
I was left alone

May I return to the beginning
The light is dimming, and the dream is too
The world and I, we are still waiting
Still hesitating
Any dream will do."

*********************

Tonight I celebrated Advent by going to a production of Joseph in which three of my students have lead roles. They were FABULOUS!

If you know this musical, the tunes will adhere to your brain as soon as you read the lyrics and will replay for days. That's certainly been my experience as the kids have talked about their work over the past few weeks.

They, of course, don't see it as an Advent production. But Advent is about the powerful movement of the Divine. So Advent it is.

"You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good."
Genesis 50:20

No comments: