Monday, July 10, 2006

Nous Sommes en Chartres

Ayer ~ Pantheon de Paris, Musee d'Orsay pour les impressionists, World Cup at neighborhood bars.

Today ~ Train to Chartres. Hard to explain the hold this cathedral has on me ~ but there it is. Someday I'll try ~ when I get home and the keyboard c'est ne pas de francaise!

A dream come true ~ a few years ago we took a bus tour from Paris to Chartres on a freezing New Year's Day and I looked at the surrounding town with its lovely river and arched bridges and village houses and said, Some summer day I want to walk through that city and along that river. And that is exactly what we've been doing.

I have no idea where to find the quotation marks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have goose bumps and a big smile just thinking about your trip. I never made it to Chartres, but studied it extensively. Always wanted to go, but could never fit it in the plans. Glad your enjoying yourself.
J~

Anonymous said...

The realization of a dream is an amazing thing. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds heavenly; I'm glad you're having such fun and fulfilling so many dreams.

Paul said...

Ah, the D'Orsay...lunch behind the clockface? Is Giverny on the agenda?

Anonymous said...

Um, I was in Paris, too, for the world cup. And also at the musee dorsay. I went to Chartres on Monday. If you say you were there on monday, I will have missed the world's best blogger meet up story ever. And I never found the quotes either. Did you get a tour with that great guy (forgetting his name)

Cynthia said...

I've got chills here thinking about everything you're seeing.

V said...

Ahh, Musee d`Orsay. Did you meet Whistler`s Mother?
Lol
Hugs,
V