Saturday, October 10, 2009

Don Draper?


So how is it that in a poll on something called Ask Men, Don Draper was named as the most influential man?

He is

1. a fictional character

2. a hopeless philanderer

3. who lies obsessively

4. about, among other things, his identity

5. to, his wife, among other people, about virtually everything.

All of the above make him a compelling character, but . . .

influential?

OK, I wouldn't mind if his hats influenced men's styles. Jon Hamm is ridiculously handsome and Don Draper's hats are pretty cool. But that's about it.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I don't know who he is, she says ignorantly.

Stratoz said...

hmmm... would it have been even a greater mystery if someone like myself had made the list ;')

Sarah S-D said...

o.k., sign of how tired i am, i read all your deeply thoughtful and powerful posts on your other blog and thought.. "i really should leave my feed reader and go comment, but i'd want to comment on the last 7, and i just don't have that in me today." Then i get to this blog and zip right over after reading this post to say, with the little energy it requires-

TOTALLY- INFLUENTIAL???!!! You've got to be kidding me.

I'm with you- compelling, definitely, ridiculously handsome, but were he to influence any of the men in my life.... Lord have mercy.