Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two Weeks

1. A friend of mine who has been through this experience says that she believes that it changes you at a cellular level. I think she is right.

2. I went to mass again tonight. I should have taken a look at the Catholic lectionary for today first. I left in the middle.

3. I did a lot of other things today, including making a six-hour round trip drive with my other son to pick up some things from his apartment. He is going to live with us for awhile.

It's hard to remember the life we had two weeks ago.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

You are literally "not the same person" absolutely. We have never met, and yet I would love to hold you like my own sister. I pray for you. And your other son, and all the others who grieve.

Terri said...

yeah...on a cellular level...

Jan said...

I am so sorry. Nothing will be the same again. I am sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sending more hugs and healing prayers, GG. It will be nice to have him close and home. Has the LD returned to school?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can totally understand why you did not make it through Mass.

I am glad M is moving home for now.

Thinking of all of you, often.

Laurie S.

emmapeelDallas said...

I'm glad your other son will be living with you for now.

Judi

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised you left. There is still so much out there that can hurt even when you think it couldn't possibly hurt more. When I think about you, that is one of the things that worries me the most - that even a strong woman can only bear so much. I really don't think a parent ever recovers - whatever the circumstances; however some, as you well know, are harder than others. I'm glad to read that his brother will be home for a while.

Thinking of you. Praying with you.

Mary Beth said...

Still here, still praying.

Cynthia said...

You have such courage to even try church now. Holding you in my prayers.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

The image I have of that cellular level is both an explosion and implosion...it is that devastating. Prayers for that cellular level.

Jody Harrington said...

Holding you in prayer.

Lori said...

(((((GG)))))