Thursday, July 30, 2009

Qals and Piels and Hifils, Oh My!

I am sitting in my own living room with Gregarious Son and Lovely Daughter and Quiet Husband, totally vegging out while they watch TV.

For the past 50-some nights, I have not been able to relax for one second without thinking that I should be going through my Hebrew flashcards.

What a bizarre sensation it is, not to have to give a thought to a stack of flashcards or pile of charts or other unintelligible material.

Exam over. Retreat and then month off. Phew.

7 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I still remember the great joy I had in watching my Hebrew (and Greek) flashcards drift to the bottom of the recycling bin at seminary.

Lori said...

So the studying became reflexive? And now you can be reflective.

You've earned a wonderful holiday.

Magdalene6127 said...

Oh, yay... glad that's over with!

Sarah S-D said...

Woohoo! Hallelujah!

Stratoz said...

cool, will be interesting to see which of the words follow you in your memory.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Congratulations! And many blessings on the retreat.

Thanks also for reminding me I still need to cancel the one I was supposed to begin this Sunday before the job and move came to be....I guess I will try again in Advent--I'm doing a final paper instead of final exam so should be done teaching pretty early in Dec.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I hope your retreat is a rich time.