Friday, February 15, 2008

You Might Need to Be a First Year Seminary Student for This to Make You Laugh

I think I wrote last fall about my nightmare in which the giant chess pieces in the first Harry Potter were transformed into Greek verb endings that went smashing and crashing off the board.

I am studying for next week's finals, and in the dream I am expecting any night now, Sennacherib rolls up to my front door and yells, "You have to join the Essenes and debate Luther and Calvin on substance and accidents ~ in Greek."

You can probably figure out what my four courses are.

Here he comes, King of the mighty Assyrian Empire:




9 comments:

more cows than people said...

no... maybe you just have to have been a first year seminary student once in order to get a laugh. I'm a long way from my first year of seminary and I laughed!

love it, dear one. love it all. it is rich. or at least have a huge party with your classmates when the finals are done. don't bother to provide food- all anyone wants to do is drink. we learned this well at the first party we hosted finals week. the beautiful desserts untouched. the empty bottles aplenty!

Anonymous said...

I probably don't understand it as well as a seminarian but enough to laugh out loud.

Lori said...

I'm just impressed that you've already started doing the course work before the classes even start!

:)

Yolanda said...

Good luck on your finals. I know you will do well.

Jan said...

That is so funny--what your mind is full of! Good luck on your finals.

Stratoz said...

enjoy those finals.

I am going for film and experience to cause dreams.. I will show my students how to plant hundreds of tomato seeds and show them Attack of The Killer Tomatoes. should be a good week.

Diane M. Roth said...

I laughed too! I guess I remember.

Terri said...

LOL....now I wonder who would "win" the debate?....lol

good luck on the finals. I assume you on a quarter system or tri-mester - and therefore have one more to do before summer break? Will you take CPE over the summer?

Law+Gospel said...

Been there... good luck!