Monday, May 09, 2005

Water Not Ice

I am a bit overwhelmed by demands on my writing life: my honors history students are zapping me with e-mailed drafts of a paper due in a few days, and a speaker for next Sunday's adult education at church has landed in the hospital, necessitating a quick revision in plans. I have some good material to use, but I can't figure out where I put it down earlier today. Oh, and I just finished a one-page summary of that 15-page paper I wrote last week for a presentation tomorrow night. (OK, so I cheated; I can't fit it onto one page. I altered the spacing and font size just a tad. Think my ultra-compulsive prof will notice?)

Anyway, for journal purposes, let's just say that I don't have another written word in me right now, but I am very aware that the ice has melted and the grasses are growing in the marshes. Our tiny back yard's feeders briefly hosted a chipping sparrow and a white-crowned sparrow last night -- spring is here, the ice has gone, and the migrants are coming through!

No comments: